- STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
As part of our commitment to you, CS warrants that it will not misuse your personally- identifiable information that it collects through your use of this site, and that we use reasonable and suitable physical, electronic and managerial safeguards to protect such information.
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personally-Identifiable Information
The personally-identifiable information CS collects may include:
- Both first and last name, used together
- Social Security Number
- E-mail address
- Telephone Number
- Home or business address, when it includes both a street and town names
- Employer, job title and description
- Demographic information such as postal codes, preferences and interests (when identifiable through other personally-identifiable information)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
While simply browsing our website, users generally remain anonymous. That is, the process of browsing alone does not lead to the collection of personally-identifiable information. However, members, other users and even browsers are sometimes asked to voluntarily provide personally-identifiable information in response to surveys, questionnaires or other features of the website.
In addition, we collect personally-identifiable information from members throughout the membership process, and elements of such information are retained and can be found on the website through the basic member search function and where members are featured in public areas of the website such as through our VIP Women and Women in the Spotlight features.
CS also collects non-personally-identifiable information, generally pertaining to your browser and or computer, in the form of “cookies.” Cookies are small files which request your permission to be placed and reside on your computer’s hard drive, so that a web application might respond to you as an individual browser, tailoring the website’s presentation to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and storing information about your preferences.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Keeping with our commitment to your privacy, reputation and dignity, CS makes judicious use of the information we collect through your use of this website, and uses that information only to further the organization’s Mission and/or to enhance your browsing experience.
- Personally-Identifiable Information
CS uses the personally-identifiable information it collects through your use of this website to better understand your needs and to provide you with better service and an enhanced membership and/or browsing experience. Specifically, CS may use the personally-identifiable information it collects to:
- Conduct internal record keeping
- Maintain archives as required by law
- Ensure the integrity of our member database
- Conduct necessary transactions
- Improve our products and services
- Periodically send promotional e-mail to those who have provided an e-mail address, regarding new products, special offers or other information that may be of benefit to you
- Contact you for market research purposes, via any of the contact methods you have provided
- Customize the website according to your preferences and interests
As set forth in CS’s Terms & Conditions, CS reserves the right to use information collected in the membership process, associated with members’ basic profiles, as CS sees fit. This may include the lease or sale of CS’s membership list, which may include some or all of the biographical information members have provided when enrolling with CS.
- Legal notices about any security breaches involving your personally-identifiable information
- Transactions with CS or authorized and affiliated third-parties
- Marketing or promotional events and/or organizational news
Please be aware that your membership in CS and use of this website do not require that you accept such e-mail communications.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor in a relatively anonymous way (no personal identifiers) which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Consistent with our commitment to your privacy, CS takes reasonable physical, electronic and managerial precautions to safeguard your information.
If you believe that any of the personally-identifiable information CS maintains about you is incorrect or incomplete, please e-mail us as soon as possible, at: membershipservices@Celebratingsisterhood.org or write to us at:
6327 Limekiln Pike
Philadelphia, PA 19138