TERMS AND CONDITIONS
September 10, 2018
Celebrating Sisterhood’s mission is to celebrate a collective network of women from various walks of life dedicated to fostering social connections. We are committed to helping women live out their God-given purpose by serving as a catalyst for personal, professional and spiritual development.
Use of Site
We welcome both members and non-members to use our site. Whether you are a visitor using the public-facing site at celebratingsisterhood.org or one of our members using the members-only features, your use of this site or the Services described below indicates your acceptance of these terms.
Our TERMS AND CONDITIONS apply to all activity occurring on this website ( celebratingsisterhood.org ) including all pages on the celebratingsisterhood.org domain, any related domains, third-party domains hosting CS intellectual property, CS bulletin boards, blogs, social networking properties, member databases, and internal or e-mail submissions, regardless of whether they are specifically referenced herein (“the Services”).
To the extent, provisions of third-party terms and conditions conflict with these TERMS AND CONDITIONS, such as on third-party social media sites, these TERMS AND CONDITIONS shall control.
By using the Services, you warrant that (a) you are competent to understand and abide by the terms; (b) you have read and understand the terms; (c) you agree that the terms are valid; (d) you have entered into a legal agreement with CS; and (e) you agree to abide by the terms during your use of the Services.
Please be aware that CS may amend the terms from time to time, when this occurs we will email you. Your continued use of the Services further warrants that you accept any amendments CS may make.
Statement of Non-Affiliation
CS is a non-profit Pennsylvania corporation. CS is not associated or affiliated with any other women’s association, nor with any other organization or entity except for those specifically identified in the Services provided by CS. If any other individual, organization or third-party of any type represents to a user that it is somehow affiliated with CS, the user is asked to report and/or verify this representation to CS by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
CS Membership Benefits
CS exists to serve its members, and strives to maximize the value of its memberships by providing the forum, knowledge and services for women to thrive in an interconnected world. CS currently provides complimentary level of memberships:
Free Subscription: Unlike many networking organizations, which typically require a fee for inclusion, currently you are eligible for a free subscription.
Use of Member Database
CS expressly reserves the right to use all information members provide in association with their profiles, including name, geographic data, professional data, and other information, as CS sees fit, keeping in mind that we are very judicious with the use of our members’ information and make every effort to identify opportunities that are beneficial to our members. CS also reserves the right to use all information members provide in association with their profiles in connection with its sister sites, www.TheShineConnections.com and www.RobinShineMaddox.com.
Member Stories Terms and Conditions
By participating in CS’s Member Stories, you agree that, while CS will make reasonable efforts to share/promote your story, it does so within its sole discretion. You agree that CS has no obligation to use your story or to use your story in a particular manner.
Use of Services and Proprietary Information
The Services and all information provided within the Services are the intellectual property of CS and are therefore proprietary to CS. As such, all users of this website, the Services or Proprietary Information agree that the Proprietary Information is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and/or other intellectual property laws, and that the unauthorized use, copying or appropriation of the Proprietary Information may subject the user to civil and/or criminal liability.
CS makes its Proprietary Information available only to members, for the express purpose of furthering CS’s mission. The provision of Proprietary Information constitutes a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, granted only for this purpose and no other. Users acknowledge that the Services are subject to change according to the needs of CS’s members, as determined solely by CS and without specific notice to users. Users further acknowledge that circumstances may arise in which the Services are found to contain errors or other deficiencies, but that CS shall have no liability to users in the event such circumstances arise. In addition, users agree that interruptions may periodically occur, and that CS shall have no liability to users for such interruptions. Specifically, users agree that they have assumed these risks in exchange for the benefits CS provides through its Services and other offline opportunities.
Users may not engage in any of the following conduct with respect to any of CS’s Proprietary Information, including Proprietary Information found or hosted on third-party sites, social media platforms, etc. All such conduct is forbidden, and users agree that the following types of conduct may give rise to civil or criminal liability:
- Reproduction, in any form by any means and through any forum, of the Proprietary Information without the express written authorization of CS
- Modification, distribution or republication of the Proprietary Information for any purpose other than that of furthering the CS mission
- Transfer of the Proprietary Information to any other person, entity or third-party without the express written authorization of CS
- Removal of or obscuring any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from the Proprietary Information
- Granting any non-member or other third-party access to or use of the Services or Proprietary Information without the express written authorization of CS
- Participation in any conduct which disrupts or in any way interferes with the intended use or operation of the Services
- Participation in any conduct which in any way interferes with another member’s use of the Services
- Participation in any conduct which in any way attempts to reverse-engineer any of the Services or Proprietary Information, or which in any other way attempts to decompile any of the Proprietary Information
- Participation in any conduct which otherwise violates the Terms and Conditions
- Use by third-parties of public-facing CS member information for any purpose that has not been licensed or contracted for by the third-party and CS or its parent TSC.
Users specifically acknowledge that the Services and Proprietary Information may contain CS’s copyrighted material as well as its trade/service marks. Users further acknowledge that nothing in these Terms & Conditions, or any other aspect of membership, confers upon users any ownership interest in CS’s copyrighted material or marks, and that such ownership rests exclusively with CS. Finally, users agree that they have no interest in any intellectual property belonging to third-parties but licensed to CS’s use in association with the Services or Proprietary Information. Any attempt to alter, remove, copy or otherwise misappropriate any such intellectual property shall be deemed a material breach, subjecting the user to forfeiture of membership as well as civil and/or criminal liability.
If, in CS’s sole discretion, a user is found to be in breach of these terms, CS reserves the right to terminate the offending user’s license(s) as well as their membership status. CS expressly reserves all other rights and remedies that may be available in the event of such a breach.
Confidentiality of Proprietary Information
Users agree that all Proprietary Information is confidential and that the sole ownership of such information rests with CS and shall not be transmitted in any manner without the express, written authorization of CS. Users further agree that all Proprietary Information is trade secret-protected, in that it is independently valuable, not generally known within the industry outside of CS and its limited licensees to whom it is provided solely in furtherance of CS’s mission, provides CS with a competitive advantage in the marketplace, kept secret and subject to reasonable safeguards within the CS organization and released only to those with a need to know or in accordance with a limited license, and not subject to reverse-engineering or independent discovery or duplication without substantial expertise or by improper means.
Users specifically agree that any unauthorized use of the Proprietary Information constitutes unlawful misappropriation as defined by the Uniform Trade Secrets Act and its state analogues, as well as Section 757 of the Restatement of Torts, and various state and federal statutes.
Further, users agree that their uses of the Proprietary Information under the limited license granted herein shall be solely in furtherance of the Mission. Users acknowledge that any other use of Proprietary Information, including but not limited to unauthorized copying, editing or publication to third-parties, constitutes misappropriation which may subject the offending user to civil and/or criminal liability as well as the remedies set forth above.
Finally, users acknowledge that Proprietary Information shall not be used in any circumstances detrimental to or competitive with CS, and that any such misuse may subject the offending user to civil and/or criminal liability as well as the remedies set forth above.
Users agree that the CS membership experience may be devalued by users who violate these Terms & Conditions to the detriment of the CS user community. To maintain the ongoing high quality of our community, users agree to the following acceptable uses of the Services and Proprietary Information:
- To use the Services and Proprietary Information only in accordance with the Terms & Conditions
- To maintain control over the secrecy of all access information, including usernames and passwords, used to gain access to the Services and Proprietary Information
- To refrain from any activity that is detrimental to CS members, including posting disparaging information about other members
- To comply with the Local Chapter Bylaws and Agreement in all dealings associated with Local Chapters
- To refrain from any activity that is competitive with or detrimental to CS or any of its affiliates or partners
- To refrain from any activity identified as fraudulent or without authorization under Title 18 U.S. Code Sec. 1030, including the reproduction, duplication, copying, selling or trading of the Services or Proprietary Information; the transmission through or implementation in the Services or Proprietary Information of adware, malware or computer viruses; and/or the deletion or interruption of the Services or Proprietary Information, with the exception of the user’s personal information when done in accordance with the membership agreement
- To refrain from any other conduct which might place CS members, CS itself or CS’s parent TSC in a negative light
Limitation of Liability / Legal Conditions
Users agree that the Services and Proprietary Information are made available as-is, with all faults and without any express or implied warranties of any type. Users further agree that CS is a service provider as that term is understood under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. As such, users agree that CS is immune from liability for false or misleading information contained within the Service and provided by third-parties.
Users expressly waive any and all warranty claims, and CS expressly disclaims all warranties, including:
- warranties of merchantability
- warranties of fitness for a particular purpose
- warranties related to infringement of third-party rights
- warranties related to accuracy or completeness of information provided by CS or its members
- warranties that the Services or Proprietary Information will be free from disruption or malicious problems such as viruses
- warranties that membership in CS or use of the Services or Proprietary Information will yield a particular business result or otherwise enhance the user’s career in any way
- warranties related to the utility, reliability or safety of third-party sites or content referenced or linked to by the Services or Proprietary Information, and CS specifically disclaims any endorsement of or control over any content provided by any third-party source
Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless CS from any losses, damages, claims, demands or obligations arising out of users’ breach of these Terms & Conditions. Users agree to bear sole responsibility for such breach and to remunerate CS for any expense or burden whatsoever associated with such breach.
CS’s maximum liability and users’ sole remedy for any cause whatsoever shall be limited to the amount of a user’s membership dues. CS shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever associated with users’ membership or use of the Services or Proprietary Information or any interruption of same.
Should any term of users’ agreement with CS be found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unconscionable or otherwise invalid or unenforceable, all other terms shall continue in full force and effect.
Users should remain aware that not all disclaimers of warranties or of liability, or limitations on liability, are available in all jurisdictions. As such, all statements in this section may not apply to all users. Nevertheless, regardless of the jurisdiction, CS’s liability is limited to that provided by the law of the particular jurisdiction at issue.
Choice of Law / Arbitration
Users agree that all disputes shall be governed by the law of the State of Pennsylvania, without regard to any other principles, including conflicts of law, comity of nations or any United Nations convention. Any dispute arising out of CS membership or use of the Services or Proprietary Information shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the U.S. Arbitration Act, as administered by the American Arbitration Association. Users agree that any arbitration should be held within Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, before a panel of three neutral arbitrators. Further, users agree that any arbitration award in favor of users under these Terms & Conditions shall not include any consequential, exemplary, special or otherwise punitive damages unless such damages are made non-waivable by applicable statute. Finally, users agree that the result of any such arbitration shall remain confidential and subject to the entry of a suitable non-disclosure order.
Notification of Claimed Infringement
If you believe that any material within the Services infringes upon your copyright, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, please send your written notice of infringement to:
ATTN: DMCA Claim
6327 Limekiln Pike
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19138
You may also email any claims to: email@example.com